around our home

27 April 2011

I finished some DIY projects this weekend. Wallpapered hallway, still needs a bit finishing, pictures, new carpet ( unfortunately I lost a battle to my husband:), no painted stairs). This weekend I painted an old cherry dressing table ( gold handles, reddy colour), two coats of silk black paint and DIY leather handles. It sits in my office....cozy inspirational corner. The table was in a shed for about 3 years, so finally it came to use. I have so many ideas for our house now, perhaps because it's spring, but please can I have 48 hour day? I think days are just too short:)
home .008home .009home .006DSC_0008home .007

13 comments:

  1. Very good ideas .. wonderful wallpaper .. such a nice office ..

    Salut!
    Franka

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I love the wallpaper and your desk chair.

    I've been putting off refinishing my chair for months now because I don't like the sanding part but seeing how nice your desk looks makes me want to start sanding - perhaps this weekend.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wallpaper is beautiful - I lost the carpeted stairs battle too - it works for the kids, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hallway! Fabulous wallpaper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Hallway looks great, well done!
    I was amused by your reqest for a 48 hour day.... I'd like a few of them aswell, then I might get some redecoration projects finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job on the side table...love the colour. the pictures make me think the space is warming & soothing. dayle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you should be granted 100 hour days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how funny I am after a very similar table for my hall, the house is looking fav, wallpaper must be a pain to do isn't?? love painting furniture, but can not bring home more pieces unless is the right one, no more space left...

    ReplyDelete
  9. no it's actually isn't...I love wallpapering, no paint mess, it's all about preparation..and thank you for your comments everyone:)

    ReplyDelete

A FEW THINGS FROM MY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger